counter

Saturday, February 6, 2010

crunch those numbers: Saturday

I started the day by renewing the apple and ice cream cone and putting a valentines tag on them. I had no sales today. I realized I rarely make sales on the weekend. Usually on Monday and Tuesdays and Fridays. I think people shop while surfing the web at work or while the kids are at school. Based on views I get today and tomorrow I will have a better idea of when I should re-new, re-list or put up new items. Data in blue is from Friday. Data in Orange is from today.

Sweet tweet bird: 24 views 2 hearts : 43 views 2 hearts (10), 45 views and 2 hearts (2)
Rocket ship : 5 views 0 hearts : 19 views 1 heart (9, 1), 23 views and 1 heart (4)
little fox: 28 views : 36 views 1 heart (4,1), 39 views and 1 heart (3)
black bird :311 views 6 hearts : 318 views 7 hearts (2,1), 322 views and 7 hearts (4)
Orange : 286 views 5 hearts : 294 views 5 hearts (4), 299 views and 5 hearts (5)
lion : 21 views : 29 views (3), 31 views (2)
cupcake: 40 views 2 hearts : 53 views and 2 hearts (6), 54 views and 3 hearts (1,1)
Giraffe: 46 views 2 hearts : new 10 views 1 heart (10,1), 13 views and 1 heart (3)
boys rocket: 85 views 2 hearts : 86 views and 2 hearts (1), 93 views and 2 hearts (7)
apple: 263 views 3 hearts : 264 views and 3 hearts (no change), 274 views and 3 hearts (10)
ice cream: 95 views 1 heart : 97 views 1 heart (1), 106 views and 1 heart (9)

solid conclusions I can draw from today's info: once again we see that items that are re-listed/ renewed, first listed get the highest views for the day. Overall my views are down from the last three days, even down from relevancy Thursday. I believe valentines day shopping for baby items has run it's course with the holiday only a week and a day away. I think it is time to switch the tag to spring or summer. I think it might be a bit early in the season for the ice cream cone. That poor lion. Nobody likes him! I'm not sure what is up. I'll try to find a decent day and take a photo outside. Maybe people just don't like the design. My second best views today were on toddler tee's. Not sure what to make of that. I do plan on putting up one new item each day this week. This will include the girls/toddler version of Black Bird ...which I hope will appeal to the slightly older set.

I will take no action on my shop tomorrow and see what views and hearts and sales look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a k-8 and special education art teacher in big city Oregon. I work at a diverse, low income school much like many schools in America. This blog is about the unique experience of teaching art to student's who's live are often in chaos.