counter

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Special requests

Well after a week of watching my views I learned ...not much at all. Well that is not true. I learned that I am not smart enough to get google analytic hooked up to my shop and if I WAS smart enough I would not have to track my numbers by hand. Sigh...Jen....hhheeeellllppp. I also learned that the two ways to get sales is to keep listing and re-listing each day and to keep active in the forums. I also have learned, and not from my number tracking, but just from the good ole calender, that sales pick up towards the middle to the end of the month. I also think that if you want to get in on peoples holiday buying that you need to list your items a month or two before the holiday. I made it almost a month before St. Patty's day and I'm doing good on my Easter items...but that is for another post.

I've had the fun and challenge of making two special orders in the last two weeks. One was for a good friend's niece. She wanted me to take a photo of the family's do Duncan and turn it into a applique. It took me quite a few tries to get it look good to me but I was happy with the end results. Hopefully she will like it also.
Here is the dog:

The doggie is a pit bull mix but I think the body was more lab like than stocky pit bull so that was a bit of a challenge to get the right body shape. Here is the felt version!
not bad if I say so myself. In retrospect I do wish I had added the second back leg, but at the time I could not figure out how to add it without making the dog look like he had an extra inappropriate part showing.
And the finished product for Miss Violet.


I also had a really nice lady in Chicago ask me to do a rush order of the Rocket Ship toddler tee for her daughters pre-school performance next week that has a space theme. I've done this shirt and onesie so many times for boys so it was really fun to tweak it with a girl theme. She got the shirt already and is very happy with it and has promised to send photos:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a k-8 and special education art teacher in big city Oregon. I work at a diverse, low income school much like many schools in America. This blog is about the unique experience of teaching art to student's who's live are often in chaos.